QBIS is constantly getting better. We listen to the wishes of our customers and our dedicated team ensures that QBIS evolve with the ambition to be the best system for you.
Here we list all the updates we make in QBIS.
June update 2017
- When using the Autofill working time functionality on the timesheet, it is now possible to exclude project activities to be auto filled on the working time. The exclusion is determined by a pre-edefined factor that won’t be used for anything else. The exclusion is setup in the system module.
- To improve the workflow, expense sheets can now be re-opened by the employee until the expense sheet has been approved.
- In certain cases it was not possible to change the password on the settings page when the password contained certain characters. This is fixed so that it is always possible to change.
May update 2017
- Improved QBIS Schedules to support up to a 10-week schedule
- Improved CRM Pipeline filtering
- Show project name in the warning and error messages on the Timesheet
- Update QBIS Iphone apps to support latest IOS version(Time, CRM and ServiceDesk)
- Hide project panel on the expense registration page if only QBIS Time module is activated
- Create Project activities from within a Service desk errand
- Week numbers were misaligned on the vacation planner and with the display option 3-Months view
- Issues to approve vacation direcly on the time-off planner overview giving application error.
- The Working time and Activity time sections are not aligned on the Timesheet
- Import of supplier invoices does not work properly for some customers
- Grouped clock time deviations exported for empty days to Hogia Lön Plus
- The Time deviation report (QBIS2) did not show correct data if selected time was a year or above
- Data overwritten from another customer database in QBIS2
April update 2017
- 2nd Level of expense sheet approval
Now there is a possibility to have a second level of approval for Expense sheets. After the manager approves the employee’s expense sheet it is possible for an economy/payroll administrator to mark the sheet verified (“attesterat”) after they check that everything is entered correctly into the expense sheet and have all the associated receipts
- Project time approval page
After an employee completes/closes their weekly timesheet the project manager (site manager) should be able to approve the project activity time that belongs to their projects. Thereafter the department manager (arbetschef) should be able to see that the project activity time has been approved and by which project managers and approve the whole timesheet.
- PAXml GLCode not saved properly
March update 2017
- Reallocation of Time Off Requests
Reallocate the responsibility to approve time-off when a manger is away or the manager is changed.
- QBIS Import of foreign expense rates through values from Skatteverket
Do your employees travel to several countries then it can be time consuming to set them up manually. Use the foreign expense rate import to have all foreign expense rates from Skatteverket.
- Automatic update of foreign expense rates.
Have your foreign expense rates to be automatically updated from Skatteverket.
- Possibility to use reduction of meal deduction setup with percentage deduction.
Set up your meal reduction to use deduction by percentage instead of fixed value. The deduction is done against the expense rate. Especially good along with automatic foreign expense rate updates.
- Added import function for salary activity balances
Update salary activity balances through file import. Possibility to change balance or balances for a single or multiple user.
- The Salary Activity Balance report shall have the ability to only show active employees
- Service Desk report Time to include filtering
A new filtering option for the Service Desk report to be able to include all registered time for an errand that has been closed on a certain date or in a period.
- Logia Lön Plus Schema export shall exclude employees with non-numerical employee number
In QBIS it’s possible to have non-numerical employee numbers but not in Hogia Lön Plus. It is now possible to export even if you have non-numerical employee numbers in QBIS as they are now exluded from the export.
February update 2017
- Contract management in QBIS HR now handles configuration of the OB for the number of hours worked. Set up the agreement to register the OB hours when the employee registered hours exceeding regular working contract hours.
- Handle your employees ATF (Reduction of working time) directly in QBIS. Get QBIS HR module to setup you schedules and to have your employees ATF automatically calculated.
- Enhanced export for Hogia Lön Plus to exporting start and end times for salary activities to support partial absences. User interface changes has been made to QBIS to allow an employee to enter start and end time for these activities.
- Now you can group your salary activities so that it’s possible to create a bank of time or any other similar grouping. Group your bank of time to show the total number of hours an employee have. The parent can calculate the total number of hours that has been earned on the different child salary activities.
- Visma salary export has been improved to support deductable and non-deductable VAT for representation to used and exported to different salary codes.
- The Salary Activity report has been enhanced to give a better understanding of reported lodging. All expenses of the type lodging in the report will now also contain the lodging type and location information.
- Users with the permission level Time administrators now have the abilty to approve or apply Time-off requests for any employee in the company.
- For an improved flow when approving time-off request it’s now also possible to close the week at the same time.
- As an administrator you can now control what salary activities to be shown to the employee in the Time-off planner. Now only salary activities that have the “Requestable” property will be shown for the employees in the Time-off planner view.
January update 2017
- Fortnox suppliers invoice and project number synchronization.
The integration between QBIS and Fortnox has been extended to allow even more automation between the applications. We have added two great additions:
– Create your projects in QBIS and have them synchronized to Fortnox so you only need to update your information in one place
– Synchronize your Supplier invoice data to QBIS projects so that you can have them in your customer invoices.
- QBIS 2 Time reports to show Inactive employee if they have selected time period.
We now made the new reports even smarter, to only show employees that have registered time during the selected time frame. This includes both the employee drop-downs and the actual report.
- Approval assistant linked pages does not filter correctly.
The filtering on the Approve Time and Expenses pages did not apply correctly and always used the latest used filters when following a link from the approval assistant. The issue has been fixed and the filters are now applied correct.
December update 2016
- Users can now reopen their closed but not approved timesheets without the hazzle of requesting timesheet reopen from managers or administrators
- Project mass approval and mark as ready in a few clicks process
- For project managers that have big piles of projects each month to approve materials and time, the process can be quite time consuming. We have improved this workflow to make it possible for project administrators to mass approve and mark as ready projects in a few simple clicks.
- The auto-generation of project numbers has been improved to be more flexible. It is now possible to select a starting number for the autogeneration and to be able to select if the format shall have a separator between the prefix and the auto-generated number.
- Adding several activities from the same project on your timesheet just got easier. Last selected customer/project is now remembered and pre-selected.
- Employees with user permissions can now re-open their timesheets as long as it has not been approved. When a user re-opens their timesheet a message will be shown for managers and adminstrators that can approve the employees timesheet if they have the same week and employee showing on the timesheet.
- E-mails sent from Servicedesk containing Chinese characters is not displayed correctly in the e-mail.
- Minor visual bug fix for Prepare payroll tab for Hogia Lön Plus where the textboxes where cut-off on one side.
- Users using Chrome on Android mobiles could not register time on the timesheet correctly.
November update 2016
QBIS 2.0 Report engine has been released.
Watch the latest webinar about the new report engine to get going.
- Visual redesign of the action buttons to always be at the top within a frozen panel. Action buttons will now always be at your disposal wherever you are on the page.
- AutoFill of Working Time Cells on the Time Sheet. When the user enters time against project activities on the timesheet the Working Time cells will be automatically calculated and filled in. This can be activated in the System Control.
- Project time to the Visma Salary export. The export now supports export of project time.
- In HR schedules a Manager shall only be able to delete their own created schedules
- When using a IPhone the activity dropdowns on the timesheet always showed a keyboard even if no search box was available.
- At a certain windows size the menu bar wrapped and the height was doubled.
- The prefilled time disappeared for some users randomly. The issue has been corrected.
October update 2016
- Working time widget – Automatic leave at a certain time. Are you using the Working time widget as time clock. Sometimes users forget to press go when leaving. QBIS can be set up to automatically press go for all users that has forgot at a certain time. The day after the user will have a message in the Widget and cannot press Come before correcting the previous day on the timesheet.
- Do you need the same project activities that you used last week and think it’s waste of time to add them again. Now you don’t need to, save time and use the “Add last week’s activites to my timesheet”
- As a Hogia portal user you now have the possibility login directly to QBIS without go via the Hogia portal.
- Searchbox to the Customer/project & activity dropdown on the Timesheet. Now you can easier search and find your project or project activities using the built-in search field when adding project activities on the timesheet.
- White labeling improvement. Set up your custom logo and greetings text used in the emails sent from QBIS to conform with your company’s standard.
- The password field in the Personnel module shall be automatically expanded when error occurs. If auto fill-in was activated in the web browser the password could automatically be filled-in on the employee page when editing. This caused an error to occur due to wrong password and the page could not be saved. If the password section was collapsed nothing indicating the error. The section is now expanded if error occour.
- Visual global improvements
– The sub-menu now get hidden after mouse cursor is moved out.
– Page heading size has been decreased and the section has been frozen.
- When receipt images is saved under expenses the image rotation information is now also stored so that the image is shown in the chosen rotation.
- Sort receipt number in numeric order if all numbers are numeric. The receipt numbers on the expense sheet page are now sorted in correct order.
- Export – Visma salary, change of VAT will not save. It was not possible to save changes to the VAT field in the Visma salary export. This issue has been corrected.
- Working time widget shall only show Total when using Working time only. The Working time widget did show more fields than it should if the employee was setup to use working time only.
- Visual improvements for widgets. There were size differences in some widget headings that has been corrected.
- If “Show working time” was disabled for a user it was not possible to switch between Week and Day view on the timesheet.
- In some cases the registered salary activity time could disappear when saving. This issue is now been corrected.
- Large expense reciept images was always shown in full size independent of the screen size. The image could overflow the screen on small devices. The receipt image view size will now be controlled by the screen size.
- If a company have a big number of departments, the department dropdown list on the project overview page did not remembered all selected items in the list due to list was truncated when sent to the server. The issue has been solved by enlarging the allowed data size to be sent from the dropdown.
- When a user opened the project activity detail view selected the factor field to be in focus when entering the view. The factor field is no longer set to focus by default.
September update 2016
- Hogia Lön Plus project time export
- Export data historical control
- You can now select if you want the system to remember what has been previously exported to your selected salary system.
– If you export data for the same period several times, QBIS will now remember the exported data and not export it again.
– Each time you export data and have already exported data for the selected period, QBIS will give you the option to either make a full export for the period and include already exported data or only export data that has not been exported before.
Support for the export data history control is enabled in the setup of your selected salary export.
- A new option is now available for the Hogia Lön Plus salary export if you have the project module, exporting of project data.
When setting up your export, you have the option to also select project time.
– Setup your project activities with salary codes to be included in your export
– Make it simple for project managers to create new activities with correct salary code by creating activity templates including predefined salary code.
– Possibility to enter base accounts for expenses, separate for VAT, Deductable and NonDeductable Representation
– Possibility to export project numbers for expenses
- We have now added system integration for Salary time into SAP. Please contact your local QBIS Representive to hear more about getting your QBIS connected to SAP!
- As an administration you now have the possibility to restrict the users from selecting or removing widgets on the Dashboard. The administrator can also configure the Dashboard for single users.
- Customise QBIS to fit your company profile even further with enhanced White labeling. You now have the possibility to set your own logo and signature on the notification emails sent by QBIS. Contact QBIS if you are interested in White labeling.
- Assign a designated QBIS support at your own company to handle your users issues and requests. As a QBIS administrator you now have the possibility to configure the QBIS sidebar support form to send email to a designated mailbox inside your company instead of directly go to QBIS Support. This will help your company to control who and what types or errands that are sent to the QBIS support.
- The new working time Start/Stop widget has got improvements and is performing even better
– Geo location performance has been increased to give a nicer user experience
– Prevent user to click twice to same action.
– Setting up the widget has been improved, you don’t need think about enable Allow Card/PIN registration in the system control.
- When entering absence it’s easy to forget to also change the working time, leading up to wrong number of hours on salary activities. From now on, QBIS will automatically reset your working hours (Arrive, Lunch and Leave) if the number of hours on the absense equals the contracted hours for the day.
August update 2016
- Now you can white label QBIS to fit your organisation with custom color and logos. Contact your sales representative to if you would like to get it going.
+ Backend improvements and bugfixes
July update 2016
- Start/Stop clock for working time packaged in a widget. Light weight punch clock that can be used on a computer or on a mobile device, with support for geo location tracking.
- Do your company have the need for a punch clock but a stationary doesn’t fit your needs due to the personell are mobile. QBIS has now a light weight start/stop timer easily accessable directly from the dashboard on any mobile or computer browser. The widget supports come / go and break. If you need to know the location of the clock in were made, we also support for the activation of geolocation shown for each clock in. Activate the start / stop clock for working time in the system control.
- Now you don’t need to make the scheduled hours visible each time you go into a time sheet. QBIS will now remember your last decision if it should be visible or not.
- When manager or admin was approving time sheets or expense sheets unintentional clicking on the row could happen causing expense or time detailed page to open.
- Native numeric (Android) and alphanumeric (IOS) keyboard are now shown when entering time in the time sheet in mobile browsers to enhance the user experience.
- The Timer events view for Touch Screen and Working hours start/stop widget did not wrap text lines correctly so that the text could overflow and create unreadable text lines.
- An error in the Hogia lön export excluded company name and organization number from the created export file.
- When clicking on a Service desk errand link in a Time sheet description and then returning by closing the errand, the time sheet did not load the page fully.
+ Backend improvements and bugfixes
June update 2016
Now you don’t need to think about what to enter in the project code field when creating a new project. It’s now possible to have QBIS auto create your project codes. The codes are either created with a default prefix name or dependent on a specific project category prefix. The project code auto creation will also make sure there are no gaps in the numbering or that someone else takes your project code while you are entering your project details. Get started today by enabling it in the System module.
Hide IN/OUT buttons on your Touch Screen
If you have a lot of projects, loading the project overview could take long time to load. Now the overview have paging that will reduce the load time.
- Automatic project code generation using a single default prefix or a prefix per project category.
- Are you a Touch Screen user and don’t use the In/Out function in QBIS? Now you can inactivate the buttons on the Touch Screen UI to have a cleaner user interface.
- To increase the load performance of the project overview page if there are a very large amount of projects to load paging has been added. With this approach there is less data to be transmitted and the view will be updated faster.
- The time sheet day view was showing the incorrect day when changing date in some circumstances. This behavior made the user believe that the data was not properly saved.
- Prefilled working time setup page did not handle language support correctly. Some objects was shown in English even if Swedish language was selected.
- Receipt number with more than 9 characters caused crash when loading expense sheet in QBIS
May update 2016
It should not be complicated to configure and run payroll exports. QBIS salary exports has got a brand new look and a clear flow both for configuring different export settingsand to run the payroll exports.
Follow status changes of expense sheets or see who’s changed a status and when. A new history view has been brought into the expense sheets.
Time-off request page has been optimized increasing the load performance. The load time has been decreased with approximately 50%
Back-end development for the upcoming new time reports
- Redesigned workflow and user interface for the salary exports
- History view of status changes on the expense sheets
- New connection, Visma business integration
- The project activity company name on the Time sheet shows abbreviated name but should show the full company name
- Time-off planner performance optimization, load time has been decreased with 50%
- An error could occur if sorting on a column was made several times on the expense overview
- Materials with the same article code but with different costs were grouped and the average value was shown as the price.
- If editing a Time-off request the change of salary activity was not saved
Improved expense handling adding representation elements to the user interface and export functionality to Hogia Lön Plus
Auto calculation of shortest distance for Mileage including autocomplete location suggestion and map view of the trip
- Mileage automatic distance calculation and location autocomplete – No need to look up street names and distances when registering mileage anymore. Auto complete to and from locations, use the automatic shortest distance calculation or enter distance manually. See the travel in a map.
- Expenses functionality enhancements – Enhanced expenses handling giving you more possibilities including enhanced exports to Hogia Lön Plus
– Add representation receipts, with number participants and names, purpose and amounts
– Possibility to choose if the number of or the value shall be exported for lodgings and meal
– Export of VAT to separate GL code and the choices of exporting the amounts as gross only, gross + VAT or NET + VAT
– Export deductable and non deductable representation amounts to separate GL codes.
- In the CRM pipe line overview the “% to close” has been added as a column so that a user can sort by that field value
- Modify the employee drop down boxes so that it shows more employees – The height of the page heading employee selector on Time overview, Time sheet and Expenses overview page has been extended so that more employees are visible.
- Add full screen view to the time-off view so that an manager or administrator can see a bigger picture – In the Time-off planner it is now possible to stretch the time-off overview so that more employees are visible at the same time
- Remember the Time sheet view that the user last used – QBIS will now remember if the last Time sheet view was day or week view
- Add receipt number to the expense list view under expense sheet – On the Time sheet the day view the day name is now showed in the date selector
- Add a skip button for the expense sheet approve loop – A skip approve expense sheet button has been added to the administration approve expenses flow so that the approval flow can continue even if it’s not possible to approve a certain expense at the time.
- Open Week reminder has a spelling issue – A minor grammatically issue has been corrected in the Open week reminder email sent from QBIS for then English language support
- Reduction labels should not be static in QBIS2 expense sheet page – The editable labels for food reduction setup in the system module was not reflected in the expense view.
- Time-off planner date picker shall always move 1 month backward or forward today it moves 3 months – In the Time-off planner the months moved 3 months in quarterly view, this made it impossible to see certain months in the same view. The datepicker has now be changed to move one month back or forward when in quarterly view.
- Non requestable salary activities are showing in time-off planner – Salary activities that were set to be non-requestable was showing up in the time-off planner.
- When opening an employee drop down menu and put the mouse pointer over and start scrolling focus is lost
- On the Register time page Day view the “Touch screen Time Stamps” heading is shown even if you don’t have Touch screen
- If a company only have Time module activated the Billable time Widget throws an error – An error was displayed in the billable time widget if the user only had Time module activated.
- Export Time-off planner to Excel – The Time-off planner Excel export was not exporting all items. It has now been corrected.
- Activities are not deleteable when one day in the week is disabled due to month close –
- Multiple activities set to autoprefill in standard template – On the time sheet if one day of the week was in last month and the month was closed it was not possible to the activity even if no time was registered on it.
- It is not possible to report time on projects from the dashboard on a Android mobile phone – Issue when registering time on the time sheet with certain Android + Chrome versions. Entered numbers didn’t show and the click event was sometimes not responsive.
- No warning appears when closing Time sheet and there is a difference between working time and activity time
A lot of effort has been put to improve the loading time and improving the users experience of the time sheet. We are pleased to announce that we manage to increase the performance up to 600%. We have also limited the use of animations and having the page re-size during load. This has been one of our most asked improvement.
- Personalliggare / Staff ledger – XML Report (Instant view)
- Prefilled Time QBIS 2 implementation
- QBIS Service Desk CC functionality (Carbon Copy)
- Time sheet loading enhancements
- Update week reminder emails to comply to QBIS 2 Look and View
- Time sheet – Time page Project activity overview visual modifications
- Time sheet – Change default tab order. The tab order has now changed to move vertically instead of horizontally.
- Personalliggare / Ledger Improvements. The ledger can now be enabled/disabled so that companies not using the ledger functionality do not have not have the restrictions applied.
- Employee drop down heading is now clickable on Time overview, Expense overview.
- Global – Logged out when clicking “Byt Design” / Switch Design
- Time sheet – Only one service desk link is visbile in the time sheet comment
- TimeSheet – Missing confirm when closing empty week
- Time sheet – For Fixed price, the project factor field is shown in Project time widget
- Expenses – The error message “Could not save the expense sheet.”
- Expenses – Expensesheet date can be changed after expenses are added
- Expenses – Odd behaviour when adding new expense items